Winterval is a Christmas festival in operation in Waterford City since 2012. It is an initiative of Waterford City & County Council and is run under the auspices of the Economic Department of the Council.
For 2018 the following structure is in place:
- Festival Director - Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.winterval.ie designed and maintained by emagine
- Payment portal Rezgo managed by Optimum Web Studios
- Marketing/PR : Springboard PR using Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com/) for festival mailing list
PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
- The Winterval Festival Official Website (www.winterval.ie)
- Winterval Festival official social media channels (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram).
- Winterval Mailing List (hosted on MailChimp)
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to process your ticket bookings, trader applications or other enquiries, we will need to collect and use some information about you.
Waterford City and County Council is committed to safeguarding your personal information; we are committed to complying with the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk. If you have any concerns about your data, please get in touch straight away.
Please note, when you book tickets for a Winterval event using a link from www.winterval.ie you will leave www.winterval.ie and make the booking directly with the event provider on a third party website.
For Winterval 2018 the event providers are as follows:
Enchanted Christmas Santa’s Grotto
Momentum Events Ltd.
Winterval on Ice
Cool Runnings Ltd.
Horse Drawn Sleigh
4 Shires Carriage Company
Winterval Express Train
Waterford City Tours
Winterval Craft Workshops
Garter Lane Arts Centre
Waterford Crystal Music Series
Project Music and House of Waterford Crystal
Winterval Celebrations At Revolution
Who has access to personal information provided for the purpose of booking tickets:
Cool Running Bookings (Ice Skating):
Bookings for Enchanted Christmas Santa’s Grotto, Horse Drawn Sleigh and Winterval Express Train:
- The online booking system Rezgo (https://www.rezgo.com/ )is used for these events
- It is managed for the event providers by Optimum Web Studios based in Waterford.
- The Box office of the Theatre Royal Waterford has access to your booking information for the purpose of editing bookings at your request.
- Your information will be stored on the Rezgo server and will be erased following the Winterval Festival.
- Your information will not be shared with any third parties for the purpose of marketing.
Bookings for Waterford Crystal Music Series:
Bookings made for the Waterford Crystal Music Series are made directly with House of Waterford Crystal and Project Music.
Bookings for Winterval Craft Workshops:
Bookings made for the Winterval Craft Workshops are administered by Garter Lane Arts Centre on their own booking system and website. See https://www.garterlane.ie/
Bookings for Winterval Celebrations at Revolution:
Bookings for Winterval Celebrations at Revolution bar are made directly with Revolution Bar through the Eventbrite ticket platform and website.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
Data is only held for the specified purpose made clear at the time of collection. Your data will only ever be shared with a third party for explicit, necessary processing purposes; for instance:
- From October 2018, the Festival mailing list (administered on MailChimp) will be processed by Springboard PR on the Festival’s behalf.
- Springboard PR will act as the Data Processor on behalf of the Festival and Waterford City and County Council. (The Festival reserves the right to appoint a new Data Processor for the mailing list. ) Whilst the Festival newsletter data is stored on MailChimp and processed by Springboard PR, it is entirely separate to Springboard PR’s own mailing list, and neither they nor any other third parties will be given access to use your data for any other purposes.
All Data Processors will act only on instructions from the Festival Director.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further details about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it. We comply with all relevant data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data, and we will ensure that our Data Processors do the same.
The Festival will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To contact you with information about Winterval events.
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide for the website, or CVs or applications uploaded to our contact form or applications to trade at Winterval.
- To deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from Ireland or not.
- For statistical analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the Festival.
- To notify you of any changes to the Festival’s policies and practices.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
- The Festival Newsletter will bring your periodic updates on the Festival and its activities.
- From October 2018, the Festival mailing list will be processed by Springboard PR using MailChimp on the Festival’s behalf.
- You can subscribe to the official Festival Newsletter directly via the subscribe link on the Festival website.
- You can unsubscribe from the list at any time, using the unsubscribe link in each newsletter email.
The help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit www.cookiecentral.com.
Applications developed in connection with the website for mobile devices will operate and capture information as set out above. Applications developed by us but deployed on other platforms such as social media channels may provide feedback to us on activity and usage specific to a user.
Note: If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
Rights in relation to personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulations individuals have rights in relation to their personal data.
If an individual wishes to make a Data Protection enquiry or an access request, it should be submitted in writing (this can include email) to:
Data Protection Officer, Waterford City and County Council,
City Hall, Waterford X91 PK15
Tel: 0761 10 20 20 Email: email@example.com
Making a Complaint
If any person has any concerns regarding the security of the personal data that Waterford City and County Council holds on them in relation to activities/events associated Winterval , they should in the first instance raise the matter with the Festival Director or the Council’s Data Protection Officer (contact details above).
In any event, an applicant can Raise a Concern directly with the Data Protection Commissioner.
This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in October 2018